Thursday, March 13, 2008

Thursday, March 13 Guangzhou Zoo

Today we went to the Guangzhou Zoo. All of the kids really seemed to like it. Last night Steven was up for about 3 hours (Owen put him in the crib at midnight when he was asleep and hoped that he would sleep the rest of the night there, but at 2 am he awoke and cried for 3 hours....of course Owen slept though most of it. I told him that we were not doing that again till we are back home), so he was tired and wanted to be held most of the time rather than walk or be in the stroller.

In the afternoon, Steven and I took about a 3 hour nap before meeting Dan/Cindy/Danika & Chuck/Caroline/Mia for supper at 5pm.

During nap time Laila called to see if we wanted to join the Strout in visiting Dong Guan CWI...I really wanted to so we will be going. Steven seems to be doing really well, so I think he can handle it. We will make sure that we are with him the whole time as we don't want him to regress. I was really not expecting to go so this was a surprise. I was not able to visit either Emily's or Melody's orphanages so am very glad to be able to go this time. I don't know if we will be allowed to see any of the other kids or take photos) other than outside. (They did take indoor photos for us on one of the cameras, but did not use flash so one 4 photos in that set turned out).




Yah....the panda was out and we got to see him.
All 3 kids...Chuck & Mia, Cindy & Danika (not sure if I spelled that right) & Steven with me.
Steven with Daddy in front of the water fountain
This one is for my girls.....a red Panda. He is just so cute!
All 4 families
our little cutie


The 2 Dong Guan CWI kids. Owen with Steven and Kim with Amy

3 comments:

Steph said...

Congratulations! He's gorgeous! Love, Steph!

Anonymous said...

Oh my, Steven is so cute!!! What a darling little boy. And his mommy and daddy look awfully happy too!!! I cannot wait to see all of you together with his big sisters too. Won't be long!!
Blessings,
Joy Pierce (WCF)

Stefanie said...

Looks like a wonderful day! I can't get over how at home Steven looks with his new family! Sorry to hear you had a tough night last night, hopefully tonight will be better!
I am so excited to hear you are going to visit the orphanage tomorrow, hope it all goes well!! Give our little Guan Yuan Yang a kiss if you can :)