Saturday, May 10, 2008

It's confirmed....

Yup...it's confirmed, I've got an ear infection. Last one I had was like 12-15 years ago! Since then I have alsways made sure I took my sudafed so that everything stays dried up....but even though I did that this time around, my ears still clogged up. Also both of the eardrums have ruptured and are draining....one of them with clear fluid (possibly not infected) and the other one is pussy.... So, I started on the antibiotics today.

The last few days my hearing has been as clear as mud....feels like my head is in a bubble, but the advantage is that sounds that normally bother me, I can completely ignore! haha! Last night was also the first night I slept more that a few hours, so that was really nice....We Steven woke us up in the middle of the night, I think Owen heard it first cause what woke me us was him moving, then I heard Steven. Steven slept with us for a short bit and then once he was sound asleep, I put him back in the crib....and he slept there till morning. I was actaully ready to get up at 7:15 this morning! (the last few mornings I slept in till about 8:30).

We still hope to drive down to visit Owen's mom this weekend. Emily said that she was starting to get a sore throat (she said her throat feels like a T...Ahh, I know just what she means too....that is how it started for me....a T as in it is raw both in the throat and the tubes to your ears.) So, going may depend on how she is feeling. We would plan to get up early, and come back late that night....gotta make sure I have several outfits for Steven and diapers, ect! We have not done a 'longer' trip with him yet and this is about a 3 hour drive each way.

No comments: