Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Bee stings & cold sores

Ah....what a title!! But that is the kind of adventure we are having today. If you noticed, I changed the title of our Blog to "Life's an Aventure!" and it is. :) This is the story of our adventure.

Anyway....about bee stings. We just got a bagger for our mower and apparently I sucked up a bumble bee in it and he got kind of mad....when I emptied out the bag, he came after me. I thought I had gotten rid of him, but he managed to get up my shorts and sting me on the thigh.....I guess I will be wearing jeans to cut the lawn from now on!

Cold Sores....that is what it turns out Melody has, a very painful cold sore! Her mouth started hurting on Sunday afternoon and she eat very little claiming that her mouth hurt. On Monday, she ate vertually nothing (but drank quite a bit of apple juice). When I looked at it, it was on her bottom gum, way at the bottom and it hurt her just to pull her lip out so that I could see it. I called the dentist and they said that it might be a abcess so I made an appointment to bring her in. On Tuesday afternoon, she went in. They took an X-ray which looked just fine....at least she did not have to have a tooth pulled! The dentist said that it looked like a cold sore and that they last about 7-10 days. Arg!! He told us to get some meds to put on it. At the drug store the pharmasist told me to get some ambasol (spelling??) .....we put that on at home, but it seemed to hurt her and not help. She cried "ow, ow, ow" for about 10 min straight!! And also asked for Tylanol (she hate that, so it was major for her to ASK fo it). Poor baby.... about 30 min later she did finally eat (mac & cheese), which made me very happy as it is the most she eat in 2 days.

Well....I gotta go, it is 8:30am and time to start school (we do full day school on Wed and Fridays for now....we will switched to 5 days a week in Sept).

No comments: