Saturday, April 9, 2011

An arm full....

An arm full of baby chicks! This past Tuesday we went and got our baby chicks. We lost a bunch of our chickens last year and now are having to buy eggs again so we bought 8 more. We will not need that many eggs, but I anticipate that we will lose of few of the chickens to the hawks again this year. Emily wanted to take a photo with all the chicks lined up on her arn, but by the time we reached 5, she did not want any more, so I moved them over to Melody's arm and we did get them all there. Emily has named all the chicks, but since some of them look alike, I can't tell them all apart. The two redish brown ones are Ginger Rose (RH red) and Vanilla (Aracuna). The 3 yellow ones (White Rock) are Pudding, Clucky and Fluffy. The 3 black ones are Oreo, Cookie and Cupcake.

No comments: