This year for both girls we are using Switched-on School House and Emily's science starts out with a unit on cells, so we really did need the scope. Instead of buying a new one, I checked out Craig's list and found one being sold by someone 30 miles from us....and we got it for $75. To get one like this new, it would be a little over $200 (this one has a 100x oil lens). I also like the fact that it has 2 heads so that I can 'run' it while Emily just watches. I will be teaching her HOW to treat and use it as well. I remember first using one in 5th grade (her age), but we were not allowed to touch it, just look though the eye peice.
The lady I got this from bought it for herself (no kids), so it has been treated very well. From the looks of the box, she got it used as well, so I am not sure how it was 'treated' before that, but is looks almost new (in original box). I am very pleased with it. (can ya tell!! LOL). I'm ready to head out to the pond and get some pond water, but alas, I have to wait till I get some of the special slide. :D
No comments:
Post a Comment