DAY 1 - Monday
On Monday Owen worked, so I decided to get a head start and Emily was BEGGING to start. LOL. We started out our day by having the girls get dress, then I 'sent' them to school. They walked down the driveway with their backpacks on and then back again. They thought is was great fun. I let them look at their new books (in the backpacks).



I decided we would start off with a KONOS only day. We Started off by reading about Leaf Erikson and marked his travels on our explorers map.

During lunch Emily requested to see "Lyle the kindly Viking".
After lunch we made our explorer cards and then made Viking shields. We used duck tape so it was a little hard to pull the tape and I had to help by holding the take down at the one end while they pulled on it.

Tuesday
Our morning was spent in Albany picking up our homestudy and bringing it to INS. After this was done, we did our grocery shopping...so never did school stuff (why we did school on Monday).
DAY 2 - Wednesday
After doing Math and LA, we gathered around, said our memory verse, sang and did our vocab words. We started reading about Marco Polo after snack time and traced his route on our explorer's map. We talked about whether Polo actually traveled to China or not and Emily decided that he did. :) We started making our Marco Polo maps.

DAY 3 - Thursday
We went over vocabulary then reviewed Marco Polo's travels. We worked on putting all our items on the Marco Polo map. The girls really enjoyed this project. They figured out where things had to go. We never had time to do anything on Camels.....

DAY 4 - Friday
We started our with Emily doing her math and then moved into KONOS for the whole day. We did not get as much done as I would have liked....we only ended up doing the spice chart and started the constellation (only the big Dipper & Polaris)....but we did go out friday evening to see them. I forgot to take photos of the spice charts....will have to do that later!
1 comment:
We're in the KONOS group, too. It looks like you and your girls are having lots of fun! I'm enjoying your blog. Thanks for sharing & posting pictures. I love seeing photos!
Post a Comment